Friday, February 8, 2008

Weekend's arrived

Hallelujah, the weekend is here.

So I'm a little fed up with work at the moment, in part because the past week has been deader than a door nail (what does that mean?), and also because I'm ready to strangle a coworker. I won't get into why, but it's enough to have me pulling out my hair.

So I've been down lately, partly the weather, partly I'm frustrated with work, and just the tiniest bit, I'm starting to hear that clock. The last part at least I can deal with, I spoke to the other half, and just let him know that I don't want "someday" to keep being pushed back. I have a little deadline in mind for munchkins, at least for starting to try, which is before I'm 30. So another year and a half. Once that was stated, my mood improved, funny thing.

So I'm looking for a new job. Not that the one I have isn't decent, but there's a problem. I despise sales. I loathe them with every fibre of my being.

Guess what 9/10ths of my job entails? You got it. Never mind that I'm called a Customer Service Rep. The sales are more important than the customer service part.

I also would love to go back to school. It's funny. I had ample opportunity to go to post-secondary out of high school, but just couldn't deal at the time. Now I'm desperate to go back, and I can't afford the loss of income. I really want the training I need to get into a Human Resources position. I can deal with people all day long, and no sales.

Anyway, off to find the other half and see what's around for dinner, 'cause the cat is starting to look tasty, but she'd be too much work. ;)

No comments: